Our class teacher is Mrs Kefford and our teaching assistants are Mrs Cook, Mrs Dorcheh and Mrs Morris.
Woodgate is a mixed year 1 and 2 class. Year 1 children are split between Woodgate and Buttercross class, however they are taught together, separate from year 2 for phonics and maths. We enjoy working with Buttercross (Reception and year 1 as much as we can!) We do lots of hands-on learning through our inspiring and creative curriculum and endeavour to create fun and interactive learning experiences for all children.
Here are a few things you might like to know about our class:
- Spellings – Spellings are assessed weekly: these will be sent home in your child’s homework folder. Homework folders are to be handed in every Thursday.
- Daily reading – Each child has a Reading Record, which includes lists of common exception words for you and your child to tick off as they can read them! Please read with your child as often as you can and build it into their daily routine and record it in the Reading Record.
- Each term, Year 2 children will bring home a reading challenge – this is to encourage them to read a wide range of books.
- Sometimes our homework will be a project, such as a timeline, family tree etc. Every project will be sent home instead of the weekly homework task.
- PE is on a Monday and Wednesday – please ensure that your child comes into school wearing their PE kit. Remove all jewellery before PE lessons.
- Tuck Shop is on a Friday, which is available at a cost of 50p (please send monies into school with your child in a named purse or wallet).
What will the children need in school?
- Each day, children should bring in their book bag, which contains their reading record and reading book. Books will be changed throughout the week.
- A named bottle filled with water.
- Names wellies or spare shoes to keep in school (as we use the field year-round!).
If you have any questions about Woodgate, please do ask one of the team!