Our class teacher is Mrs Kefford and our teaching assistants are Mrs Cook, Mrs Dorcheh and Mrs Morris.
Woodgate is a mixed year 1 and 2 class. Year 1 children are split between Woodgate and Buttercross class, however they are taught together, separate from year 2 for phonics and maths. We enjoy working with Buttercross (Reception and year 1 as much as we can!) We do lots of hands-on learning through our inspiring and creative curriculum and endeavour to create fun and interactive learning experiences for all children.
Here are a few things you might like to know about our class:
- Weekly spellings are assessed weekly, these will be sent home in your child’s homework folder. Homework folders are to be handed in every Thursday.
- Daily reading Each child will have a reading record. In their reading record there are lists of common exception words for you and your child to tick off as they can read them! Please read with your child as often as you can and build it into their daily routine, for example reading each day for 5 minutes after their dinner. Record this reading in their reading record.
- Each term year 2 children will bring home a reading challenge, this is to encourage them to read a wide range of books.
- Sometimes our homework will be a project such as a timeline, family tree,etc. Every project will be sent home instead of the weekly homework task.
- PE is on a Monday and Wednesday please ensure your child comes to school wearing their PE kit. Remove all jewellery before PE lessons. Each child is expected to have a PE kit in line with the school uniform policy.
- Tuck shop on a Friday – this will cost 50p, please send this into school with your child in a named purse or wallet.
- What will the children need in school?
- Everyday each child should bring to school their book bag containing their reading record and reading book. Books will be changed throughout the week.
- A named bottle filled with water.
- September – Summer term: named wellies or spare shoes to keep in school.
We hope you know a little more about Woodgate now. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to come and speak to the Woodgate team.